MSC in Mechanical Engineering at Politecnico di Torino in 1985.
PhD in Mechanical Systems and Structures at Politecnico di Torino in 1990.
- Associate professor in Industrial Bioengineering at Politecnico di Torino from 2001
- Lecturer of “Engineering in clinical medicine and surgery”, “Biomechanics”, and “Design of prostheses and artificial organs” at Politecnico di Torino (Master Degree in Biomedical Engineering)
- Lecturer of “Bioengineering” at Faculty of Dentistry, University of Torino
- Lecturer of “Biomechanics” at Faculty of medicine and Surgery (Orthopaedics), University of Torino
- Coordinator of PhD School in Biomedical Engineering of Politecnico di Torino (2011-2017)
- Member of Health and Welfare Regional Council (CORESA), advisory body of the Regional Council on social-health topics (Piedmont Region) as Representative of Politecnico di Torino, from 2006
- Member of the Ethical Committee of Puzzle Centre (Centre for cranium-encephalic trauma and serious acquired encephalic lesions), Torino, from 2014
Main areas of research
Co-author of more than 100 paper on National and International Congress Proceedings and National and International Journals.
Projects as Principal Investigator
- European project - ORTHOCAP - Non invasive verification of the scoliotic curve correction obtained by means of the use of orthopaedic corsets (1999)
- National Project PRIN 2004 –Development of new numerical and experimental procedures for the hip arthroplasty secondary stability design
- National Project PRIN 2009 – Development and validation of hybrid models of blood flows for patient specific fluid dynamics analysis as a support of clinical medicine
- Polo di Innovazione Biotecnologie e Biomedicale FIDIS Project – Inner Dynamic Sensorized Fixator (2011)
- National Project (MISE-ICE-CRUI – 2010) PROBING – Engineered Bioreactors Prototype (2012)
- Polo di Innovazione Biotecnologie e Biomedicale BBS Project - Bioactive Bone Substitutes (2012)
- Italian Cluster Scienze della Vita IRMI Project (Italian Regenerative Medicine Infrastructure) (2013-2018)
- National Project (MISE-ICE-CRUI – 2014) E.F.I.N. (Expandable Intra Medullary Nail) (2015-2018)